Saturday 13 June 2015

12th June...Wet and Wild...Monkey Magic...Beat it...

We went to the Water park (Called Fantasy Beach) in the morning and got quite burnt again in the sun! The park itself was really good, with lots of great rides and surprisingly they served really nice food there too. Noodles and Veggies. In The afternoon I finished my first Image for the exhibition, of the tower. This has been quite painstaking work, but I'm really happy with the final result. Not sure It I should add some other elements to it...I will have to have a little ponder on that one.

I have also started working on a new film piece using episodes on the Classic 'Monkey' series I watched as a kid. Based of course on the Chinese story 'Journey to the west'. I am told that the Chinese are unhappy though as this was actually made in Japan.

This film really was my first introduction to any kind of Asian Culture and I used to watch it religiously.

Also I am thinking about making a sound work using telephones, which will play Chinese versions of 80's classics. But I am not sure how this will be developed as I am in the early stages of working on this idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment